Sue and Andrew Burrell won Trip Advisor’s Best B&B In The World in 2015! I’m so happy to bring you this interview with Sue, where she shares her wisdom on how they managed to reach those dizzy heights after just 2 and a half years in business! Here’s Sue’s wisdom:
- Choose one strategy and get really good at it. Sue focussed on using Trip Advisor’s review system and reached over 500 reviews in just 2 and a half years. Don’t scatter yourself too thinly, just do what works
- Keep yourself and your B&B fresh and new. People don’t want to see the same thing year after year. It will also keep you interested when you switch things around and brighten things up.
- Go the extra mile to make guests feel special by commenting on their appearance. People won’t remember what you did or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel (Maya Angelou)
- Ask for guests suggestions and feedback. Never assume you know it all, they might just have a suggestion that you hadn’t thought of.
- No matter what’s going on in your own life, always, always treat everyone like royalty! And smile 🙂
Here’s the interview – enjoy it and please do post your comments below to let me know what you thought and anything you plan to change in your own B&B