Hello and thank you for visiting the site. I’m Yvonne Halling and I ran a Bed and Breakfast business for 17 years, in the Champagne region of France, where we welcomed people from all over the world, helping them to discover the hidden gems of Champagne.
I now consult for, coach and mentor other hospitality businesses worldwide using online tools and technology.
I opened my B&B business in 2001, before the internet! How life has changed since then. If you’ve been in this business for any length of time, you’re sure to be able to relate to that. And if you’re new to the business, then you won’t know what it was like back in the day when communication was much more limited.
I believe we are lucky to have witnessed the explosion of communication channels, which can only be a force for good. If we embrace the changes, then we will see what great opportunities lie ahead for us all.
The Bed and Breakfast business is in a unique position now to embrace online technology and add value to our local communities in a way that simply wasn’t possible 10 or even 5 years ago. My philosophy is that as we welcome more and more people from diverse walks of life, we have the chance to learn about and understand more human beings, bringing value to our own communities and theirs, through the sharing of our knowledge.
My business philosophy is simple: I attracted the guests, which means that I bouoght more bread from the local baker, more meat from the local butcher, brought diners to the local restaurant, buyers of champagne to the local producers, clients to local attractions, employment to my cleaners, gardener and book-keeper, and gave business to the local laundry service. I bought local produce wherever possible, which supports local business, and anyone who I trusted and who has something valuable to offer, I offered their products for sale at the B&B.
This is simply how, I believe, all businesses must operate in the 21st century, rather than the relentless quest for more and more profit.
And the funny thing is that as soon as I had adopted this philosophy, more and more profit came to me, like magic!
If you’re ready to take your B&B, guest house, inn or small hotel business to a whole new level, by embracing online technology, sound business principles and philosophy, and make more money, then I know that I can help you.
10 things you probably didn’t know about Yvonne
- She is a City & Guilds qualified soft furnisher, interior designer and upholsterer. She used to run a soft furnishings business in the UK, France and Japan
- She has lived in 3 foreign countries (4 if you count the UK)
- She speaks fluent French and a few words of Japanese (not many!)
- She doesn’t own a TV (but she watches the X Factor on You tube!)
- She is the published author of “Bed and Breakfast Magic! How To Transform Your B&B Into A Thriving 6 Figure Business” and “How to Survive and Thrive Living in a Foreign Country” – available on Amazon Kindle and Amazon
- She has two beautiful daughters, who were born in Tokyo. (No, they’re not Japanese!)
- She knows Pitmans Shorthand and passed 100wpm test (a long time ago!)
- She once ran a 5 mile run (thinking it was 5kms!)
- She’s a “Creator” on the Wealth Dynamics profiling system
- She trained with Christopher Howard on NLP, Leadership and Platform and Presentation Skills